From: Chapter and Council Leader Committee Forum
Don't Miss Your Chance to Make an Impact at ACE2020
IMA® (Institute of Management Accountants) is seeking proposals for presentations and educational sessions for our Annual Conference & Expo taking place June 21-24, 2020, at the Atlanta Marriott Marquis. Participating as a speaker at ACE2020 is a valuable opportunity to raise your profile as an industry expert while building your leadership and educational skills. Additional benefits include:
- One complimentary ACE2020 Conference registration
- $500 travel stipend
- One-night free stay (room and tax only) at the Atlanta Marriott Marquis
Before submittal, please click here to view the session tracks for ACE2020 as well as a list of suggested topics. You can submit your proposal using our convenient online form. The deadline to submit is Friday, August 30, 2019.
An Opportunity to serve on IMA's Global Board of Directors
IMA® (Institute of Management Accountants) is currently seeking nominees for positions on the Global Board of Directors. You have been identified as a qualified candidate and hold the skillsets necessary to serve on our Global Board. Serving on IMA's Global Board of Directors is a great way to give back to the organization, become an active participant in setting our strategy, advance and impact management accounting policy on a global level, and empower the profession by working with external organizations and industry stakeholders. I invite you to apply for one of IMA's open volunteer leader positions:
- Global Director (term: July 1, 2020 - June 30, 2022)
- Chair-Elect (term: July 1, 2020 - June 30, 2023)
To apply, visit our Governing Boards web page. From there, you can view details about our leadership positions and apply. Applications are due by September 6, 2019, at 5 p.m. Eastern Time.
Deadline looming: MEF Grant Opportunity for Chapters and Councils
Chapters and councils can apply for a Memorial Education Fund (MEF) Grant up to $2,000 to help support student programs, paid speakers, mentoring programs, or educational programs that support the CMA. Submission guidelines and application form can be downloaded from the Chapter Portal > Chapter Resources > Forms. Deadline for submission is Friday, August 30, 2019.
Women's Accounting Leadership Series Registration is Now Open!
Register Now! for the Women's Accounting Leadership Series, cosponsored by IMA® (Institute of Management Accountants) and DePaul University, which is coming to Chicago on Friday, October 11, 2019, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. (check-in begins at 8:30 a.m.). The Conference will be held on the campus of DePaul University, 1 E. Jackson Blvd., Chicago, IL 60604. Register before September 27 to receive the Early Bird rate of just $30 (regularly $50). Enter promo code WALSCHI30 at checkout to take advantage of this special offer. The registration fee includes 4 NASBA-approved continuing professional education (CPE) credits, a light breakfast, and an informal lunch.
Check out IMA’s Podcast series “Count Me In,” which features the latest perspectives on accounting and finance from industry experts with topics including emerging technologies, business innovation, and the future of the profession. Thirteen episodes have already been published and the subscriber list is rapidly growing! You can read more about the podcast in our press release here and to listen to the episodes, visit the podcast website here.
Some of the many resources available to you
- Link to the enhanced Chapter Portal. We encourage you to bookmark it or save it in your favorites for easy access.
- Please don’t forget to review your monthly membership and compensation reports. They are available on the Chapter Portal > Chapter Tools
- Additional resources are available on your chapter/council website > Navigate tab > Participate > Leader Page
- Visit the Library for the latest editions of Talking Points, Media Clips, and other important documents. Please note these are internal documents to be shared with your chapter and council leaders as well as your members. They are not to be posted or printed.
Upcoming Volunteer Leader Teleconferences (VLT) – NEW schedule change
The next VLT “4th CMA Campaign” will be Friday on September 27, 2019 from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. EDT.
The October VLT “Strategic Plan Overview and Alignment” will be on Thursday, October 10, 2019 from 12 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. EDT.
IMA Leadership Academy Upcoming Webinars
- 9/3/19 Building a Compassionate Organization for a Competitive Advantage [Guest Speaker]
- 10/8/19 Personal and Professional Life Balance
- 11/5/19 Time Management (NEW IP)
- 12/3/19 Male/Female Communication: Building Collaborative Relationships
- 1/7/20 Mentoring the IMA Way
- 2/4/20 Work Motivation (Revamp)
- 3/30/20 Technology in Leadership (New IP)